1999 Oldenburg stallion
16.2hh Bay Sabino
Balta’Czar is a modern, well-rounded stallion who has immense talent for jumping and is gifted with superior gaits. Balta’Czar is truly a prepotent stallion (meaning that his physiological characteristics are consistent and overwhelmingly reflected in his foals) who passes on his kind, willing and unflappable temperament to his foals. Sire of countless premium foals, Balta’Czar shines in the breeding shed. He has produced:
- National high scoring foals
- A 3 year old mare received the highest score ever given at the BWP mare inspection
- Top IHF youngsters
- Hunter breeding champions
- USDF DSHB champions
- A stallion son approved in multiple EU registries
Jete, Balta’Czar’s Holsteiner dam, is one of few great breeding mares in the United States. She is the dam of three approved stallions and 100% premium foals (9 in all, thus far). Jete brings two crosses (3S X 3D) to the stallion who revolutionized the entire Holsteiner breed: Cor de la Bryere
Balta’Czar’s sire is Alla’Czar, the #1 hunter sire in the US. He is by the great Zeus, sire of many international jumping stars such as Midnight Madness (M. Whitaker), Zander Z (J. Lansink), Swift and VDL Marlon; as a the dam’s sire in Tinka’s Boy (M. Fuchs) and Guidam Sohn (J. Lansink) to name a few.
Earning his life-time approval through sport, Balta’Czar shines in many venues:
- With limited showing, he has proven himself in the competitive hunter world and is currently on his way to the Hunter Derby arena.
- Previously, with no dressage experience, Balta’Czar danced his way at 4th level to scores up to 75% which earned him PHR National Champion title at 4th level in 2008.
- And, as a young stallion, Balta’Czar displayed his careful technique and keenness for jumping in the jumper ranks, showing up to 1.15m, consistently finishing with double clears and high placings.
Balta’Czar can always be counted on to improve the mare to which he is bred. In the breeding world, there are very few Improvement Sires; Balta’Czar is one of them.
Balta’Czar semen is available fresh and frozen
- Breeding fee: 1600 (includes booking and LFG)
- Collection fee 250
- $750/dose frozen semen
- A11 scores over 60% and up to 74% at 4th level, test 2 dressage
- Earned Life-Time approval with BWP
- Son Balt’Amour, bred by JSF, approved RPSI, BWP
- PHR national champion dressage level 4.
- Twin Rivers 3’6″ + 3’9″ jumpers first placings
- Flower show 3’6″ jumpers w/ amateur rider – double clears + placings
- The Oaks 1m 10 + 1m15 jumpers second place plus double clears/placings
- First Year Champion Gold Rush I Petaluma, CA
- In the top 3 throughout Green Conformation Bakersfield, Spring show
- Consistently in the ribbons First Year Classic I , Classic II Pebble Beach, CA
- 4th place First Year Green, Brookside, CA (first show at 3′ 6″)
- 1st place Young Hunter O/F at the Oaks, CA
- In the ribbons consistently pre-greens at Pebble Beach, CA
- Many double clears level 2 and 3 Jumpers
- US Champion stallion BWP approvals
- USDF “HORSE OF THE YEAR” / 2nd Res
- USDF Southern California Finals – scoring 80% – YOUNG HORSE RESERVE CHAMPION
- RPSI “HORSE OF THE YEAR” – Stallions and Geldings of 1999
- Oldenburg “HORSE OF THE YEAR” – Stallions and Geldings of 1999
- Cosequin USDF Breeders’ Champion Series – Murietta Equine Center 7/27/02 – 78% for 2nd place colts/geldings of 1999
- Cosequin USDF Breeders’ Champion Series – Meadows of Moorpark 8/11/02 – 82.5% for 1st place colts/geldings of 1999 and Young Horse Champion – Qualified for Southern California finals
- Cosequin USDF Breeders’ Champion Series – 76.7% for 2nd place colts/geldings of 1999
- 1st place AHSA Hunter Breeding Memorial Day Classic at LAEC
- USDF Cosequin Breeders Championship series 1st or 2nd every time out
- AHSA ZONE 10 Horse of the Year award 6th place
stallion 1999 bay 1.68m
1982 bay 1.70m
SF 320/0330448672 keur
1972 chestnut 1.70m
KWPN 17620 keur pref
1975 brown 1.75m
1994 bay 163m
1980 dark brown
Balta’Czar is a modern stallion with correct conformation, an extremely strong topline and near perfect coupling. He consistently corrects many common flaws breeders are looking to improve: raising the neck connection while lowering the withers, shortening/strengthening back and loin connection, adding substance, adding elasticity and suppleness to movement, and giving his foals his generous, calm dispositions. He is a superior choice for the Thoroughbred mare. Balta’Czar also crosses well w/heavier warmblood mares, lightening them to make more modern sporthorses.
(Balta’Czar / Gala Harry xx / Final Ruling)
- First Premium BWP filly
- National Champion BWP 2YO Futurity 80%
- 2 YO Hunter Breeding: 1st Warrenton, Blue Rock & St Christopher, 2nd at Devon.
- BYH: St Christopher
- Best PA bred: Champion St. Christopher, Res. Champion Devon
- Best PA Bred 2 YO: 1st Devon, 1st St Christopher.
(Balta’Czar / Ariadus / Cheenook)
(Balta’Czar / Mehmet xx/ Jungle Savage xx)
- Top placings in IHF as a 2 and 3 yrs old
Scandalous A.K.A. B'York JSF
(Balta’Czar / Aras an Uachtarain IRE xx / Tom Rolfe xx)
- Golden State Horse Show: Low Hunter Champion
- Let’s Show IV: Baby Green Champion, Pre-Green Res Champion
- Oaks Blenheim June Classic III: Young Hunter Res Champion
- Pebble Beach Classic: 3′ Pre-Green Champion
- CHAMPION AA hunter Pickwick Spring
- Res. CHAMPION AA hunter Pickwick summer
- CHAMPION AA hunter Pickwick Fall. Winner of all 3 hacks!
(Balta’Czar / Elton / Nimmerdor)
- 2008 Grand Champion region 2 Sporthorse Breeding